Re-seting

Eric

I have been programming Mitsubishi FX0 series for a while but this simple thing beats me. The program got corrupted it says I need to reset the PLC but how? Its a FX0S smallest one they do. I have tried to access with MEDOC and FXWIN both will not access program.

Thanks Eric

Some brands allow you to pull the battery and it reset, others if you pull the battery you have to reload the program. What have you got to lose at this point as long as you have the original program? Try pulling the battery with power off, with some you have to pull the battery with power off then reboot then reconnect the battery.

Are any of the leds flashing? Have you tried 'clear plc memory' (the program will be wiped) Have you tried accessing the fault code No (these can then be looked up as to the problem)
Mitsubishi software ocationally comes up with some weird errors.
I recently had one, while downloading a program update,
'some data was trashed during this operation' No other explanation just that. I tried several times and the message kept coming up. But the program worked just fine and still does, It still worries me though.

I couldnt locate a manual for that, close as I could get was an FX0N and it did so thats why I asked, its unusual not to have one...isnt it?

I remember running into this problem years ago with a Mitsubishi FX PLC. The RAM Memory was corrupted and it would not load the program from the EEPROM until the RAM was cleared. The Medoc Software does not have a Clear Memory function (not very handy). I had to borrow a Hand Held Programmer from the Mitsubishi distributor to clear the memory. It seems that the Ram can only be cleared with the Hand Held Programmer.

I hope this helps.

No fault lights on PLC and program runs OK. Only problem was I used wrong D coil and its not retentive so will miss first product. Not really a problem but unable to adjust any timers when belt speed is altered. To small extent the program self corrects by measuring time of last product pass and using that time to adjust glue fire time for next. I was in middle of making final adjustments when it refused to allow further changes saying it requires resetting

Found it! Medoc "Transfer" then "Other" then "Keyword" then "PLC All Clear" easy once one knows route. In FXwin and GX_Developer even easyer. On Line then Clear PLC memory. I don't use the windows programs as they take so long to boot up. F8 still works with Win98 which is why I have never upgraded.

Thanks for all your help. Hope this helps someone else as well.

All best Eric North Wales