Micro810 CTU Reseting

jw1591

I am using an Allen Bradley Micro810 to count cycles on a machine. After 100 cycles a warning light will come on to have maintenance performed. Problem is I was unaware the CTU block resets itself with every power loss. Is there a work around for this or a setting to change to have it retain the CV value?
Thanks

Last edited:
welcome to the site
Please Zip up a copy of your program we will look at it.

For some reason I cant attach a file or image. If I figure that out I will post one of them later. I am using Connected Components Workbench and an Allen Bradley Micro810 with firm the firmware upgraded to 2.011. In the program I have a CTU (count up timer) that tracks cycle times. The issue is when ever the operaotrs drop power to the machine for LTV reasons the CTU looses its current count value. Since LTV is performed often the counter never reaches it setpoint and the maintenance light never comes on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
could you move the counter value into a register and then have a first scan bit write the value of the register back to the counter? I havent fooled with the micro so I am not sure if the first scan bit is available.