I have a question about a Timer

When u write this:

A Input_1
A Input_2
L S5T#5s
SD T1

A T1
= Q0.1

Input Q0.1 comes high when Both inputs are 5 seconds high. RLO is High => SD1 Is setted.

The time 5s is loaded before SD T1. Should it work in the inverse way also ?

A Input_1
A Input_2
SD T1
L S5T#5s

A T1
= Q0.1

What is the best way to work ? I never tried the second method.

With the instruction SD T1 you start an on-delay timer with the time information stored in accu 1. If you would load the time value after the SD T1 instruction, there's no telling what time setting the timer will use. Conclusion: don't ever use that second method.

Kind regards,

Similar Topics

Hi all! Plcs are new to me, pls help. Is it possible to hold a timer value in stl programming. I need to stop a countdown timer without loosing...
Replies
Views
I am trying to put some delay timers for fault messages in some of our programs but some of the faults are in FB so they are written STL already...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a beginner and try lo learn stl.. I have written the following program. I want to put a timer in a loop and I use it here to set all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to calculate a time. I never used a variabele time, I always used S5 timers until now. So a machine can run @ 30m/min @ max speed...
Replies
Views
i am new to simatic manager and i am trying to figure what this part do in the code : A I 5.6 = DB50.DBX 4.6...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom