Pilz Devicenet

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Has anyone on here used the Pilz devicenet module for the PNOZ multi relay.
I have configured the unit at the Pilz software end.
Node 4 and baud rate 125 which are set via dip switches.

RSNetworx then sees the module (EDS installed) at node 4 and I can map the 20 bytes of input and output data to the processor.
The scanner shows no faults and everything seems OK.

When I click on node 4 in RSNetworx to view the properties I get the red fault icon showing and an error message saying "Node 4 has experienced an identity crisis" (the poor thing)
Only one window opens, not the usual tabbed window.

If I then do a single pass scan the fault disappears and the module seems OK again. (Still can't internally access the module though)

From my understaanding the 20 bytes of data are fixed in the DNet module and I have to push the data into the module addresses using the Multi relay software. Is this a standard behaviour with other brands of DNet nodes.

EDIT: Offline I have no problem, I can bring up the 3 tabs "General" "IO Data" and "EDS file"

Regards Alan Case

Last edited: