Sending an error message from PLC to OP7

BoSChoW

Hi all,
i am useing PLC siemens CPU313C and the operating panel OP7. If an error accours i want to send the report from the PLC to the OP7. Can somebody help me out on this one, cause i dont know how to do this, an example in SCL would be moust apprishiated. Thank you very much for your time and help. Regards.

create a Alarm message Area pointer and define the start address in protool~i.e DB1.DBW0 and the length you want it to be - 1 WORD will do for now (16 messages).

Click the Messages Header and click on "Alarm messages",type in your message text and note the address in the bottom RH corner.
If you have used the address range above, it will be DB1.DBX1.0

Download to OP7.

Now create logic or trigger the Bit in a VAT Table

Hope this helps

Last edited: