Cable cord grip

CharlesM

What is the best way to run a pre-made cable through an enclosure? I have some servo cables with connectors on both ends. One connects to the motor one connects to the drive. The drive is in a Nema12 enclosure. If I was making the cables I would pull them through a cord grip then make up the end. But with both ends made up I would have to remove one of the connectors then reattach. Why use a pre-made cable if I have to redo it. I would like to find a cord grip that is split or some type of special sealing plates. Any suggestions?

You should be able to buy a duel plug that would fit into the knockout hole in the enclosure. Two seperate cables would plug into each side of the plug.

I remember seeing some of the Heyco stuff before. That might be a solution. The cables are 3/8" and 1/2". One end is Amphenol military connector other is 25 pin D connector. So not only getting the connector around the cable its getting the connector through the hole in the enclosure.

Thanks

I started searching for gland instead of cord grip and found something from Weidmuller. I'll take a look at Roxtec as well.

Charles,

I had a similar problem with some pre-made light curtain cables on a recent project. I ended up using standard aluminum cord-grip fittings from McMaster-Carr, in a 3/4" conduit size -- large enough so that the cable ends would pass through the body of the fitting. There is a soft neoprene compression seal in the center which can be split down one side with an x-acto knife or single-edge razor blade, to fit around the cable. It still seals nicely. Here's a picture:

CORDGRIP.jpg

Tech tip #814:

When pulling cord through the gland, soak a rag with iso-alcohol.
Pull the cable through the rag and gland, the cable slides quick and easy.

Clean cable, ETC

Rod <Done a few 'chine retros