B & R PLC with EPROM problem.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

A subsupplier of mine uses B & R PLCs.
Upon asking if program updates can be sent on an EPROM, he replies that the B & R has an EPROM, but he cannot get it to work properly. He says that it is a general problem with this kind of PLC.

Can anyone confirm this ?

It can be quite important for me if the only means of getting program updates, or replacing a defective PLC, is by hooking up a PC with the programming software.

I have used both the B&R Mini and the standard B&R. I don't recall any trouble as far as memory goes. To be fair though, my experiance was about ten years ago.

I should have specified the exact type. It is relatively new.
Tomorrow I shall check it and report back here.

(I always scoff at thread starters that does not put the specifics up front. Now I am doing it myself. Sorry)