CS1W-ETN21 Port Settings

bharg

Hi Guys,

Brief note on What I'm using for my application :

I am working on a application that involves datalogging of about 400-500 floating point values from PLC to PC for every test. I am using CS1H-CPU63H and in the main I/O rack I have CS1W-ETN21. I'm using InGear's OPC server SOLOLINK to connect to PLC from my VB application. The application is working fine, I'm getting all the required data and logging it into excel files with time stamp.

Problem :
I can not connect my VB application (using OPC activax controls in the background) AND Cx-Programmer at the same time to the PLC. Only one works at a time.

I have kept all settings as default on ETN21 except the IP address (see the image attached). The Cx-programmer is using TCP port 9600, and I suspect the Ingear OPC server is also using the same port (there is no setting available, so its a guess!)

I tried to change the UDP port to 9601 and connect the cx-programmer by giving port no. 9601. Cx-programmer goes online, but the OPC server says "Invalid SID in PLC reply".

I'm not sure what else can I change in ETN setting to allow multiple connections over ethernet. Do I need to do anything in IP router table on ETN21? I already have network#1 setup as FINS E.Net and network#2 as NTLink on the CPU. (this was to create a passthrough connection to my NS12 through the CPU, and it works).

Any clue?