RS5000 Compare

LStewart

Does the RS5000 have the compare function? I couldn't find a way to do this, it seems like I remember being told that Rockwell hasn't added that function to the software yet. Does anybody know?

Lori

what do you mean? everything that is used as rung condition is compare function, even XIC or XIO contacts (compare if bit is on or off). if you are looking for comparing bigger than bit values, check GRT, GEQ, LIM, LES, LEQ for example.

No, I meant where you can compare 2 programs. With RS500 you can take program 123 and compare with program 123a so you can see if any changes to the program have been made. Can you do this with RS5000.

Look for the RSLogix 5000 Compare tool on the download section of the Rockwell Tech Support site.

If you are refering to comparing projects to find differences, a utility can be downloaded from the Rockwell website.

Do a search in the downloads section for utilities, rslogix.
This utility is also on the RSLogix 5000 CD.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have the software downloaded and installed, so far its locked up my computer 3 times after it does the compare and I try to open the folder with some differences. Oh well, RS500 is so much simpler!

LStewart said:
Thanks everyone for your responses. I have the software downloaded and installed, so far its locked up my computer 3 times after it does the compare and I try to open the folder with some differences. Oh well, RS500 is so much simpler!

Maybe it's supposed to be used to compare different Rockwell products to determine which ones are more likely to lock your computer up. :rolleyes: