GE Series 5 Documentation?

tlitsko

Does anyone know where I can find documentation on GE Series 5 PLCs? I inherited an old system when I took this new position and there is absolutely zero documentation for it on site. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Now theres a coincidence. Earlier this week, in response to another request for Series Five information, I posted the hardware and software manuals here.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?dlcategory=15

There are only three others that GE ever converted to pdf format. One is the I/O modules manual, which is primarily wiring diagrams. The second is the Genius Bus Controller manual. The third is the serial communications manual. If you need any of them, let me know and I can post them as well.

There aren't very many Series Five systems out there. It's about the same size and shape as the DL405 series and was manufactured by Koyo, but it is not interchangeable with the DL405.

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. I could probably use the Genius Bus Controller and the Serial Communications manuals if you have the time to post them. I really appreciate you sharing this information with me. I couldn't find any info on the Series 5 anywhere. If you're ever in Pittsburgh, I'll buy the first round.

Thanks again,
Tony

GE Fanuc never posted the manuals for the Series Five on their website. They are available on the "Legacy Products" CD, but I'm not sure if they're offering that anymore. They expanded the "InfoLink" from a single CD to three and included Series Six and Series One manuals on the third CD, but alas, no Series Five. Also no Series Three, but those were never issued in pdf format.

I'll put up the other Series Five manuals later tonight.

Check your PMs.