PLC 313c and OP170

Hello!
I created a project in step 7 V5.2!
And I created project in WinCC flex. 2005 V1.01 (communication op170, MPI, CPU 300)!
My question is:

How can i create a relationship between my variable in project in Step 7 and variable in project in WinCC? Must i create in Step 7 communication in netpro or must i create FC block to send a variable? I have no experience in relationships between OP and PLC!
How much I now must plc know address and Op too(I think)!

How can I writte to PLC (read variable in PLC, send from OP170)?
I create a button to send a variable to PLC!

Thank you!

Damjan!

if using MPI connection... no need to program any communication yourself, just 'set up comm zones'... create tags targeted to CPU's datablocks and then OP will take care of that...

it works this way:
reading is cyclically for screen on OP (you can set it manually for variable) - so OP will read it every second (for example,
writing is done automatically then change is performed above object on OP screen or called function to send data

we can say... CPU does nothing, it's OP's job to speak with others - that results in ability to communicate multiple CPU's easily

in NetPro you will only set comm resources for CPU/OP... by connecting lines between OP and CPU to MPI port

i can't help you personally with WinCC (using protool still), so have a look to manual how tags are configured...

note also that OP170 is WinCE based panel, there are 'control panels', and proper configuration of MPI has to be made

Hi damjanpolajzer.

For MPI, you do not need to configure the connection in Netpro.
It is enough to simply define the PLC connection in Win CC Flex. The default values for node address, baudrate etc. will be OK for most, in particular for 1 PLC + 1 OP applications.

It is possible to integrate the S7 and the HMI projects into one project. In Win CC Flex there is a function under "Project" .. "Integrate in STEP7..".
The main advantages are that the communicationsetup is more or less automatic (not a big deal in your case) and that symbols in the S7 project can be accessed in the HMI project.
However, I am not sure if your STEP7 version is compatible with you Win CC Flex version to allow integration.

To connect to the HMI you do not need to set anything up in NetPro or program special FCs or FBs. The OP170 will take care of the communication by polling the S7.
Simply add a tag in Win CC Flex and connect it with the functions you need (a button for example). When adding the tag you can pick it from the symbol list (if the project is integrated), or you have to define name and address details yourself.