Modicon Quantum 424

fahadzaman

I want to what i need for communication with Modicon Quantum 424. What sort of cable is required? any special card? I am using windows 2000. hoping for a quick response.

Fahad

Well, for starters here's a pin-out of a cable that will let you program the PLC via the Modbus port from the RS232 COM port on your laptop.

Now all you need is some software..

- Modsoft + Virtual MBX driver (or similar)
- ProWORX NXT
- ProWORX 32
- Concept
- Or a 3rd party solution such as FasTrak PLC workshop

Last edited:
Quantum 424

I made the cable according to the diagramm but it is still not going online. I dont know what i have to dod next.

Thanks

To get any further help from anyone, you're gonna have to come up with a LOT more detail than that.

- Has you using a PC with a real serial port?
- What OS are you using?
- What programming software and version are you using?
- What are the comms settings in your programming software?
- What are the front and rear switch settings on the PLC CPU?
- Have you RTFM on both the PLC & the programming software?