SLC 5/05 ethernet MSG issue

xgrunt

Lifetime Supporting Member
This should be very simple. I'm messaging 1 word from one 5/05 to another. I enter the IP address on the setup screen but when I verify the rung the IP address truncates. For example, I enter 192.168.0.1 It looks good I can open and close the setup screen nothing changes. When I accept rung edits and compile the IP goes to 192.168 For what its worth this happens both on and offline. Has anyone seen this before? I'm doing a write to another 5/05 on a local ethernet. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am not sure about SLCs, but in PLC5 you have to have a second MSG control word avaialble to store IP and path.

I figured out what I did. I originally was trying to make this change online. So I tried to use an existing data table, N7 for my control block. Not thinking, I used N7:240 because it was handy. The control block length was 51 words. Of course with only 256 words in a file this caused a bit of a problem. Duh!