Protool questionssssss (opend for graduation Project assistance)

eng_muslim

hi 4 all,
i really appreciate your help through my university year and here is the final year INSHALLAH,i hope you continue helpin me in Protool cus i am tottaly new for this system i worked before on Intouch some simple projects,
so my first question:
if i set an output bit in script will it be set in real life!
thnx in advance

Ahmad Marmoush

convert bool to decimal!!!

here is another problem,
i want to increment value from zero to 12 as long as the signal is bit is "1",shall i make it in script or better in the plc program and if it was in plc program how can i do that,i am using s7 200.

Ahmad Marmoush

i belive you must increment upon a certain event , for example timer .Put the the number in a word and add one upon the occurance of the event and put the result in the same word

screen

i want as long as cetrain screen is opend a script is executed how shall i do this,i trying "generated screen" event but ofcourse it only happen when the screen opened for the first time.....

u can find something called area pointer

in this you can assign a db or mw to correspond to the current screen u are working on

so when you open this screen you set a bit in this word and u can run your script eiher on the plc or op

i can't get it

i made an area pointer called Mw6 , then i make a tage has it's addreess and in the "generating screen" i set mw6.1 but i don't know how can i connect the script to this Mw???
sorry but this is my first project with protool.....
thnx so much Amr

In other words

here is the objective:
i want as long as Q 0.0 = 1 , then the "motion=motion+1" till ===>Q0.0 = 0
this is script but i can't find out what event i can put this script under!!!!

pls reply soon cus this stage stopping the whole project
And from PM:
would u pls answer my last reply,thnx so much

With a patience like that, your deadline must be very soon !

But OK, here goes:
There is practically no way to make any timers or timed execution in a script in Protool. There are some possibilities, but they are way too complicated for such a simple task.
You should increment the counter in the PLC. If the interval has to be very precise, then you should setup a timed interrupt, if not then a regular timer will do.
The bottom line is that one of your tasks as a programmer is to know what jobs are suitable for the PLC and what jobs are suitable for the HMI. Think of the HMI as being completely eventdriven, whereas the PLC typically (but not allways) executes cyclically.

thnx

u r right my deadline is after 4 days and i didn't test the HMI on the PLC yet.
sorry for diturbing......
so many thnks and i hope u be online for the next 6 hours to help me ,lolllzzz just kiddin.
thnx again

Ahmad Marmoush

Dear eng_muslim;

Especially with such a short deadline, make it simple: all logic, timers and counters done in the PLC. Use the area pointers to trigger changes in the Protool screens from the PLC logic, and to trigger changes in the PLC logic from the SCADA.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

area pointer

i opend the online help and read about the area pointer but i failed,can any one help me by explainning the function of area pointer.
i hope so that more than one reply this to get the all concept.

thnx for u guys