Need help to send SMS

kra101

Dear All,

I have a project with SLC 541 and RSView32. The client want to send alarm massages (SMS) to mobile phone. Can anybody advice me the components that I need to set this up? Which would be the best, directly from SLC or RSView?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
KRA.

KRA,

I did this a while back using RSView32 Messenger add on and Out Look to send my text message the cell phone. I do not know all about text messaging or if all phones have that feature so, you may want to check.
It was not bad at all to set-up. RSView32 messenger help file gave great step-by-step set-up and testing.
I attached the messenger getting started just in case.

Sorry couldn't attache file, zip was too large.

Hope this helped,
Bob

Edit..Here is a link to the getting results guide
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/vwmsgr-gr001_-en-p.pdf

SMS through SLC

I have done the same through PLC and not by RSView.
done it on SLC 5/02, MLX etc any one with 232 port.
You must be having MODEM with SIM card with its FAX / DATA Xfer enbility.
MODEMs have specific codes to generate SMS out of it which you can find in its manual.
If you are on the same direction i can help you out.
I dont have files to attach but i can provide the same.

Dear Bhavik,
Thanks for the reply. Yes this is what I am looking for, I thought it is only possible from RSView. Can you please give me the MODEM details, brand etc? What additional programming required?

Waiting for your replay.

Regards,
KRA.

Any idea if this can be used with RSView SE/ME or is it just RSView32? They call Messenger an "AOA" (add on architechture) and I know I have seen a bunch or AOA error messages during developement and testing RSView studio ME so maybe this AOA can be added to RSView SE runtime? Maybe? whishfull thinking?

Marc

You may use U.C.ME-OPC alarm notification software. It is easy to use and offers good functionality. It uses OPC (or DDE) to connect to any OPC server or SCADA/HMI software that supports OPC or DDE server functionality.

Alerts may be sent via: Email, SMS, Phone(Voice), Fax, Multimedia and WAP. It may also be used to analyze your alarms and understand the root cause of the alarms.

See www.controlsee.com . A fully functional evaluation version can be downloaded.

Depending on how many different alarms / messages you need to send, it might be simplest to use a stand-alone system and connect digital/analoge signals straight into it.

There are plenty of these on the market these days, this for example.