1770 Kfd

ketchum

I have a new A-B SLC 500 1747 SDN module that I need to program with my KFD but I am having trouble getting my KFD driver set up through linx. I add new driver and set it up correctly but the pop up for the driver initization doesn't come up after I hit ok. It just goes back to driver config screen in Linx. I read a knowledge base article at Rockwell that didn't help much.

I have tried three different computer with USB and 232 with the same results. The module light on the KFD is blinking green with the other two doing nothing.

I most need this to work on my laptop that only has USB. Is there a simple solution to connecting the kfd to USB? Is there a good article online that speaks well on use of a KFD to program SDN modules.

Last edited:
The 1770-KFD has to be connected to a functional DeviceNet network for the driver to be configured. It sends out a "duplicate MAC ID check" and needs to see some kind of reply from some other device. Since you have a Module LED on you have power connected, but you need that Network LED to go blinking green.

Make sure you're trying to configure the 1770-KFD for the same data rate as the 1747-SDN (out of the box it's 125 kb/s) and not for the same node number (try 61 or 62 for the KFD).

Use the serial cable provided with the KFD. It has all the handshaking lines jumpered.

If the RS232 LED on the 1770-KFD ever blinks red, you have a serial or protocol configuration problem. I've had the KFD driver fail to work sometimes after I've been running a DF1 driver (I never figured out why). If I get a green then red flash of the RS232 LED, I clear out all the serial drivers in RSLinx then reboot.