Micrologix 1100 Questions

BillyJo

Hi !

I want to send a MSG from a ControlLogix to a Micrologix1100 via Ethernet/IP

Than take data received, and send it in ASCII via RS232 of my Micrologix.

But i have a problem. My MSG function work well! But when i try to program the instructions AWT in my Micrologix, i have always error when i want to compile the program.... my comm port are correct, but i dont understand why the micrologix dont want to compile only when my rung have a AWT or AWA instructions...

NEED HELP !

Ok !
i was able to send ASCII command now
I had to program it Offline and download after... easy solution...
Now i want to send Data from a ControlLogix to my MicroLogix.

I do some research if you can help me i will try to do the same !

BillyJo said:
Ok !
i was able to send ASCII command now
I had to program it Offline and download after... easy solution...
Now i want to send Data from a ControlLogix to my MicroLogix.

I do some research if you can help me i will try to do the same !
Hi...I also want to do the same from controllogix to micrologix 1100. its possible using the MSG instruction with SLC type message selection. But the problem i am facing is that i am geting my micrologix cpu in the ethernet network. What i have to add in the ethernet network to get the Micrologix 1100 in path. While my Rslinx is detecting Micrologix1100...

The use of Message Instructions to communicate from ControlLogix to MicroLogix, SLC, and PLC-5 controllers is well documented both in the RSLogix 5000 online help and in Chapter 3 of the ControlLogix Instruction Set Reference.

You can download this essential document from Rockwell Automation's literature site:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf

If you have specific questions about SLC or Logix addressing or MSG triggering and management logic, please ask specific questions.