MVI 46 MCM Module

Siby

i have an MCm module(MVI-46-Prosoft)configured and on my master port (Port 1) i can read datas on the N31:0 registers from M1:1.200 being written thru Modbus simulator (Modsim),but i cant see the datas written in to the N32 registers at location M1:1.0 Registers at the Modbus Simulator .I have not used any offsets( N10-MCM Cmds). I am trying to manipulate the Ladder which came along with the module.Any comments and help is highly appreciated

Did you try using Hyperterminal to see your MVI address'. You can hook up your PC to the module and see all 5000 address' to see if you are getting the data into it. You should also be able to see all your commands for each port with Hyperterminal. It is a good tool to use it helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.

Hi hipoint2...

i tried the Http and i can see values changing in registers from 2000-3000,but it keeps happening regularly and it doesnt show the data which i enter

I am writing into the N32 register(length-10) and i have allocated my destination as M1:1.300,but i cant see anything on the modbus simulator and http which dispays all the 5000 registers

If you are trying to write to M1.1:300 the last branch in Lad3 rung 0 reads that address', which I beleive will clear that address'. Try using a different address. If you can connect to the module via Hyperterminal you can see the message being sent out the port for the slave device.

The example will look for node 1 and do a function code 3 which is a read 50 registers starting a register 0 of the slave device and put the values in register 200 of the module which will be copied into N31 of the processor. Do you have a slave hooked upto it?

i am getting my datas at N31 thru Modsim Simulator and its working fine but the data i am writing into N32 cant be observed there in the modsim.
the data i write at Modbus address 40000 is read at N31:0/0 and the data witten at N32:0/0 to M1.1.400 cant be read at 40400.my Modsim acts as the slave which i have hooked upto Port 1

Siby said:
i am getting my datas at N31 thru Modsim Simulator and its working fine but the data i am writing into N32 cant be observed there in the modsim.
the data i write at Modbus address 40000 is read at N31:0/0 and the data witten at N32:0/0 to M1.1.400 cant be read at 40400.my Modsim acts as the slave which i have hooked upto Port 1
I know you only have 5000 user registers in the module. Not sure how to use HTTP with the module only hyperterminal. I just installed 4 of these cards in one of our systems, just thought maybe I could be of some help. Sorry!