Modbus Upgrade from MVI-56MCM to MVI56E-MCMR? Do I need to change in IO Configuration

Radhik

Hey everyone,

I am upgrading Modbus from MVI-56MCM to MVI56E-MCMR? Do I need to change in IO Configuration?

I don't know if it is Master or Slave. It is originally used as a generic IO module in code. Do you think I can just replace the physical module and keep the IO configuration as it is.

Will it work?

thanks

From prosoft-technology.com:

"MVI56-MCM - I/O mapping (250 input words and 248 output words)
MVI56-MCMR - I/O mapping (42 input words and 42 output words)"

Will not work without changing the IO configuration.

You very probably have to modify the code in your controller too, since it's written to handle the older model of module with a different I/O connection window size.

Do you have Prosoft-related Add-On Instructions in your code ?

The MCMR "Reduced Data Block Size" was built to handle small data size connections, but most importantly to handle them through a connection like ControlNet that would commit a lot of bandwidth to large connections.

Why are you changing to an -MCMR from an -MCM ?

You very probably have to modify the code in your controller too, since it's written to handle the older model of module with a different I/O connection window size.

Do you have Prosoft-related Add-On Instructions in your code ?

The MCMR "Reduced Data Block Size" was built to handle small data size connections, but most importantly to handle them through a connection like ControlNet that would commit a lot of bandwidth to large connections.

Why are you changing to an -MCMR from an -MCM ?

I don't have add-on instructions.

Because they absolut or will be soon. I only got equipment to work around. Supplier suggested to get this one.

We are not even using more than 10 words anyway. that might be the reason.

Add-on instruction.png