Software to view temp controller?

PLCRookie

I am using a PC35 temperture controller by Automation Direct to control a Infrared heat box. The manual for the unit states that the unit can communicate via RS485 to up to 247 controllers.

My question: Can I monitor the operation of the unit with a PC?
I would like to see how the unit is working, and be able to better tune the loop. Is this possible? If so, what software would you reccommend? Any helpful comments appreciated.

I should have it up at the end of the week.

🍻

Don't know if you're up for swapping it out, but if you're looking for a suggestion, I've used CAL controls stand alone temp controllers just because they have inexpensive computer software for a PC and the RS-232 or 485 options are fairly inexpensive.

See the link on this page for CalComms software
http://www.lesman.com/unleashd/catalog/control/control_cal9300.html

CalComms has been superceded by another SW program, but I think CalComms is still available and good for a couple controllers.