FT View ME Software Install

Sean Teague

I got a new laptop at work so im having to reinstall all my AB software....

I installed FTView machine edition, but after the install, the only thing that shows up anywhere on the computer is FTView ME STATION.

I am unable to open any programs, and i cannot open the software. Even though it has been installed, i cannot find it anywhere on the computer.

When you install the software, there is a drop down selection for which product you want to install. Which option did you pick?

Click the Start button and for Windows 10/11 just start typing "Studio" without the quotes. See if FactoryTalk View Studio comes up as an available desktop app.

For Windows 7 click Start and then in the search field type "Studio" without the quotes and see if it shows in the list of Programs.

OG

After 3 restarts, i was able to find the icon. I can now open the software, but when i open the transfer utility, nothing shows up in the network tree. I can see the panelview, PLC, etc. in rslinx, but nothing shows up in the factory talk view studio transfer utility network tree.

When I open the Transfer Utility I see three items in the destination terminal field:

• FactoryTalk Linx
  • 1789-A17 Backplane
  • Ethernet

Are you not seeing those? Assuming you see the Ethernet driver, do the three little icons to the left show animation?

If not, right-click on the driver and select Start Browsing. If it says Stop Browsing then it has already been started.

OG

In some cases I have found that I have had to manually add a device to get the browse function to "wake up". It has been ages since I've had to do that, but that would be what I would try next.

That has to be done from inside FT Studio. Open your application in Studio and go to FactoryTalk Linx and open the Communications Setup.

(new idea!) While you are there, try to browse the Ethernet network and see if anything appears. I'm thinking if this is a new installation and you've never come here, that might be why the Transfer tool doesn't show anything. Worth a shot. If you can see it here, then you should see it in the Transfer tool. Again, with the Ethernet driver you might need to tell it to Start Browsing. (/end new idea)

Assuming that doesn't work, in the right-hand window, right-click on your Ethernet driver and then select Add Device. In the menu system select the Ethernet device that matches your PLC. Then make sure you enter its IP address. After accepting that you should see it appear in that right-hand window and hopefully populate with your other network devices too.

OG

I could not get any of your suggestions to work. I ended up deleting everything related to FactoryTalk and installed v11 and now it works. Thanks for all of your suggestions and help.