Is FT View Studio similar to Studio 5000, the software version must align

MattMatt9

I mean this like how Studio 5000 is v32 and the PLC is also v32. Does FT View Studio work like this or do I just get the most recent version?

Not quite the same.

I recently installed FTView ME Studio v11 and am able to create runtimes down to v5.0.

FTV Studio comes in ME and SE flavors. If you bought the SE version, you also get ME. If you bought ME, you only get ME. FT only allows one installed version. On the ME side, you generally use the latest version. You can use that to create runtime applications for older PanelViews.

The application has to be converted to the version you are using. If I send you a version 9 application and you are using version 11 then when you open it , it will be converted to v11. But then you could create runtimes for anything from v5 through v11. You can support multiple versions of PanelViews with that one software version.

FactoryTalk View SE on the other hand doesn't have hardware to support so there are no runtimes. But it only supports one version. If I go to a customer site my version has to match theirs. We keep VMs with the different versions.

OG

What is VM? And when I purchased FT View Studio Enterprise its says "Configuration software for developing and testing both FactoryTalk View SE and FactoryTalk View ME human-machine interface (HMI) applications." Meaning it does both right?

VM = Virtual Machine. We use virtual machines extensively to manage versions and software from different vendors. Using VM software you launch a VM and you get a separate, virtual computer running in a window. So I can be running Windows 10 on my machine and then launch a virtual machine that is running Windows 7.

I've never seen FT View (FTV) referred to with that "Enterprise Edition" name. Studio 5000 has that moniker but it was meaningless. It was just a name.

When you open FTV Studio and see the "Application Type Selection" window asking if you want to work with SE (3 SE options) or ME, then you can do both. If it instead opens up and asks you which ME application to open then you only have ME.

OG