S7-300 Equivalent of Clgx FSC

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am relatively new to the S7-300 family, but have over 15 years S5 experience and 6 years Contrologix experience.

I have an app in S7 , where I need to lookup up a product text description based on a DINT product code entered via an HMI. In the Clgx world, I would have 2 arrays set up to do this, one array of DINTs would be filled with all the valid product codes, and another array of STRINGS would be filled with the text descriptions. DINT[1] would correspond with STRING[1], DINT[2] with STRING[2] ...etc.I would use the FSC ( File Search and Compare ) instruction to find the position of the valid entered product code in the DINT array. The element position of the found product code would give me the index value to point into the array of STRINGS to acquire the text description.

I cannot seem to find any S7-300 equivalent instruction, or a standard function block to perform the same. Has anyone else done this before?

Thanks

Ian

I'm not at my machine at the moment, but keep looking as there is one, I used it myself last year, if I get a chance later this evening, I'll post the FB address.

There is a standard block in the library, I do believe its an FB not a SFB or SFC, trouble is the libraries are large to search through.

I used it last year, when looking for a word in a table with zero value, it was easy and worked.

Just a thought as it seems not a common name, Neil works in Leicester, which isn't a million miles away from Bedford.

Just another thought, Aberdeen's not a million miles away either.