Pointer

martin3885

Hi,
I have just noticed a curious thing. ie. I have DB11 of UDT11 type.
Then I define a pointer as an input variable in FC20.
So, now if I give only DB11 to this variable I will see that in Byte2(memory area) is 11 DB nummer. But if instead of db11 I put there DB11.[UDT name] DB nummer(11) will be in Byte 0. Why is it so?

If you put DB+UDT as the parameter, this is a DB pointer with the DB number followed by the Area pointer. Bytes 0,1 give the DB number and bytes 2,3,4,5 give the area pointer.

If you put the DB only as the parameter, this is not a DB pointer but a shortened version of an any pointer for blocks and in this case it appears that bytes 0,1=0, and bytes 2,3,4,5= block number.

Hi,
I don't know how to post whole code, but here are the most important things:
Eingabe_Bereich, Temp_Bereich, Ziel_Bereich are Pointers

CALL FC 20
Eingabe_Bereich:=PEW128
Temp_Bereich :=P#DB11.DBX0.0 BYTE 30
Ziel_Bereich :="Daten".Out
ret :=DB1.DBW2
NOP 0

L P##Temp_Bereich //Pointer
LAR1
L P##pointer_temp_bereich //ANY
LAR2
L B#16#10 //10 fuer S7
T B [AR2,P#0.0]
L B#16#2 //Datentyp 2Hex=Byte
T B [AR2,P#1.0]
L W#16#20
T W [AR2,P#2.0]
L W [AR1,P#0.0]
T W [AR2,P#4.0]
T #Quell_DB_Nr
T MW 50

L D [AR1,P#2.0]
T D [AR2,P#6.0]
T #Zeiger_Quell_Adresse
T MD 52

SimonGoldsworthy said:
If you put the DB only as the parameter, this is not a DB pointer but a shortened version of an any pointer for blocks and in this case it appears that bytes 0,1=0, and bytes 2,3,4,5= block number.

So, it means, that a pointer can automaticly be an ANY pointer?
What were the dfference if I had a variable of a type ANY instead of pointer?

Are you sure Temp_Bereich is POINTER type really? Step marks it red if ANY value is assigned to input of POINTER type.