AB MSG to Yokogawa DX100 Digital Chart Recorder

SNK

I am currently working on a project integrating many Yokogawa daq stations into our facility in order to monitor plant process variables. Our project engineer insists on hardwiring signals all over the place in order to get them to the daq stations.
The DAQ stations are ethernet capable, of which we really don't use currently, but will be used at a later date having them all stringed on a network. The PLC's are mostly SLC's, but some L5K's.
I have used MSGing before in the PLC's, but do you suppose that I could send MSG's to the DAQ stations via Ethernet, rather than wiring a million analog references to these units?

Has anyone out there attempted this with their Yokogawa DAQ systems?

Apparently the DX's support MODBUS. Has anyone MSG's Modbus Data to another Modbus node with a Prosoft Modbus card?
How easy are they to program?