FiFo/LiFo with siemens

Foty

Well HI all

I am trying to use the FiFo/LiFo with a S7 300 and I am not to sure how to use it. I think I need the ATT table so that I could store my data. What I wante to do is simple, I would like to be able to store information and to be able to take it out and use it. Well I have being working at it, but I lack the experience. I hope maybe some one could point me to the good direction.

thank you very much!!!!!

Foty,
If you can be alittle more specific (on what your trying to do), someone here may have an FB/FC
that will work.

Foty

The function block for FIFO is FC85 and the function block for LIFO is FC87.
Both these blocks can be found in Library - Standard library - TI-S7 converting blocks.

This might get you started, if you need any more help then get back to us.

Paul

Yes I have used FC85 I beleive which is the fifo, with the ATT fc not to sure, the thing is that I think I mite of solved my problem. I wanted to activate apart of my program and when let's say machine 1 is going home it will allow the next selected machine 2 to go up and do it cycle.The operator selects machine 4, and then machine 3. I want to be able to remember which one should go next and do so when the previous machine# comes home.

I was able to do this by using the FiFo and the ATT table, but it is some what complicated, I move and compare information. Basicaly I was wndering if there is a easier way to manage the information.

Fifo etc. where moving data needs power from CPU, don't move data, use pointer, then data can stay the table and is reusable if needed.
You need use Indirect pointing when changed pointer value 1,2,3,etc.
that you can point to table record with it.