matsubishi A-series Password

hesham

hi sir's
does any one know how to retrieve the password for matsubishi plc.
i made a program a few years ago using matsubishi plc (A-series,A1S Cpu ) and Gx developer S/W.
i don't remember the password and i don't have a backup.
thanks

The official word from Mitsubishi is that the password cannot be retrieved if lost,forgotten, not known.

They can reset the plc but this not only removes the password, it removes the program too. If you do not have the original, its a reprogram.

However, I have been learning of a way to do it. By using a port packet sniffer (if thats what they are called) There is a program out there, I forget its name, that watches what is sent and retrieved from the plc.
You have to send a known password and watch the hex dump as it compares the passwords. You would need to practice this on another plc though.

It is not easy and the password does not spring out at you but it is there. I think with the A series the password comes out two bits at a time, backwards and in ascci code. (I think they must have used the German enigmna m/c from WWII)

It has been discussed at MrPLC.com in the mitsubishi section.