WonderWare and PLC Siemens S7-400 !

HI All !
I am having a problem . Please help me !
My Customer has a Siemens computer , the Operating System is WinNT WorkStation , there is Intouch 7.0 on it and the Project is running OK ( There is a Siemens card CP5611 ( ISA slot) on computer , this card connect with PLC S7-400) ! Now my customer want to change the new Computer with Win XP SP2 . What must I do to Run That Project ( Now Running WonderWare Project) on new computer ?
- Can the Intouch 7.0 run with Win XP SP2 ? If not , what version can run with Win XP ? And Can My Intouch 7.0 Project run with new WonderWare version ?
- What I need to Connect WonderWare with new CP5613(PCI Slot) ( instead of CP5611 above) ?

please help me . Thanks a lot !

I do not know about the Intouch project, but I can say that you will need to change out the CP5611 as there are no XP drivers available for the CP5611, your local Siemens rep should be able to advice on this.

Paul

PLucas said:
I do not know about the Intouch project, but I can say that you will need to change out the CP5611 as there are no XP drivers available for the CP5611, your local Siemens rep should be able to advice on this.
Are you meaning that a CP5611 cannot be used with Windows XP in general ?
Or do you mean that there are no native drivers for Intouch and CP5611 on XP ?
If you mean the first, then I think you are wrong. I have used CP5611 on a number of occasions on Win XP PCs.
Even if there are no native drivers for CP5611 in Intouch, you should be able to use OPC as an alternative.

Jesper

I did mean that there were no drivers for a CP5611 for XP, if as you say you have used a 5611 on a number of occasions on a PC running XP then I have been given the wrong information in the past by Siemens reps!

Thanks for putting me straight

Paul

CP5611 is an PCI card, so if card is in ISA slot it can be CP5412.
Under Windows XP SP2 you should use Simatic NET software package from Siemens version 2005 (or above). It has drivers for all PCI cards from Siemens. So then you are able to use S7-SAPI to make connecion with Simatic PLC.

Thanks everybody !
So , Can I use my Project (V7.0) with Intouch V9.0 , and run it under WinXP SP2 ?
If I install Simatic Net 2005,so Can I use CP5613 with Intouch V9.0 and need nothing more ?

Thanks !

After you install Simatic Net 2005, you can use CP5613 (CP5611 too) for communication with any HMI/SCADA software via S7-SAPI. Remember Simatic Net requires licence key from Siemens.
Unfortunatelly software installation is not enough. You should create S7 project for you PC (yes PC not PLC), create configuration and connections, then downolad it to PC. It described in Siemens Support www pages. http://support.automation.siemens.c...d&objid=10805995&DataKey=10805995&treeLang=en
entry id: 16518259

In Intouch you shoud load S7 driver (sorry forgot app. name..) and configure topic to your PLC.

You don't need to buy a Siemens CP card, you can use the DASSIDirect DA server that is bundled with InTouch 9.0 to communicate with your S7 via a standard Ethernet port on the HMI PC.

Ooops...ignore my last post....I've just realised you're using Profibus, not Ethernet.

Thanks krk and grygoryg very much !
The Configuration have already exist in PLC S7-400 !
- Can my Scada Project ( Intouch V7.0 ) run under Intouch V9.0 (WinXP)?
If it can , do I need Driver for Connection between Intouch and CP5613 ?

Thanks !

nguyentrungkiet said:
Can my Scada Project ( Intouch V7.0 ) run under Intouch V9.0 (WinXP)?

Yes, an InTouch 7.0 application will convert directly to InTouch 9.0

The tech note for migration is here:
Tech Note 404 - Migrating to InTouch 9.0

(You'll have to register to access it)

do I need Driver for Connection between Intouch and CP5613

InTouch 9.0 comes with a DA server that will work with the CP5613 - DASS7 - but as gregoryg says above, you'll need the Simatic Net Profibus S7-5613 software.

I think the Softnet which used for WinNT cannot applied in WinXP.

You need to purchase it from Siemens. and the SCADA also need to

upgrade for running in WinXP.

The alternative way is add the ethernet module at s7 400 and

upgrade SCADA to V 9.0. By this way you do not need to install

softnet, cause Intouch V9.0 included DA Server can be directly

communicate with S7