Link a button in Wonderware from 2 different PLC’s

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I was wondering how to link a button in Wonderware to two different PLC’s?
This button is a reset button that resets both PLC’s.

- one plc is a Modicon
- second plc is a AB compact logic
- the two tags are already configured in Wonderware.
- I would assume that a data change script would work, but can’t seem to get it to work.
- can a script be configured to where when the button is pressed, it will operate both bits in the PLC’s to reset both PLC’s?

Thanks for helping

I don't understand what you mean by "resetting" the PLCs.

That said, you should be able to make the HMI pushbutton tag a Memory Discrete and have a condition script that runs whenever the pushbutton tag == 1 and sets the IO Discrete tags for the PLCs to a value of 1.

You could then reset the IO Discrete tags in the PLC logic or have another script reset them in the HMI.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean by "resetting" the PLCs.

That said, you should be able to make the HMI pushbutton tag a Memory Discrete and have a condition script that runs whenever the pushbutton tag == 1 and sets the IO Discrete tags for the PLCs to a value of 1.

You could then reset the IO Discrete tags in the PLC logic or have another script reset them in the HMI.

Each of the PLC’s (Modicon & Allen Bradley) have a bypass and reset bit. The reset bit resets any unlatched bits to latched state and the bypass bit will bypass a bit during testing or maintenance to prevent a shutdown.

I do appreciate the detailed explanation you gave, it helps me to configure this in WW.

Thanks again