link button to tag in FTView

escoplcguy

Hey guys, i was wondering if there was a way, possibly through VBA, to link a push button in FTView to a tag in a different PLC. So i have a plc-5 on ethernet that i can not send/recieve messages with a MLX 1100 because of hardware restrictions. I guess you could say i am trying to play Macgyver through FTView. So i have a screen set up and linked with the PLC-5 tags, what i am trying to do is say when the pushbutton = 1 then set "MLX 1100 tag" to 1. If the PB tag = 0 then set "MLX 1100 tag" to 0.

when i try the VBA the tag im trying to set is {::[MLX1100]B3:1/0} and i get errors because of the ":" and such in the code. so far i have this..

Private Sub MomentaryPushButton9_Change()
End Sub
If ThisDisplay.MomentaryPushButton9.Value = 1 Then
set {::[MLX1100]B3:1/0} = 1

End If