Has Rockwell axed the free RSLogix500 for ML1000 ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

I wanted to check what was included in the special version of RSLogix500 that only works with the 10 point ML1000.
To my disappointment it seems to have disappeared.
Yes, I am logged in as a support customer.
And yes, I have looked in the MicroLogix 1000 section, and in the software downloads section. No reference to it at all.

If they did remove this software, then I must say that Rockwell's behaviour is getting stranger and stranger.
What possible profit could they expect to loose from releasing this software for free when it only works with a practically obsolete PLC ?

Thanks rsdoran.

Then Rockwell is not so silly after all.
I went to "Rockwell software" and "Utilities and downloads" and got to a completely different web page. And despite all my efforts with the search phrases it didnt connect me to the software.

I was able to download it earlier this year, but I did have to do a little searching in order to find it. If I remember correctly, I had to use a link (like Ron's) that had been posted here rather than anything I could find on the RA website. Be aware that it does not come bundled with RSLinx Lite. You'll have to download that separately.

Should be the same procedure for RSLinx Lite, goto the software updates, choose RSLInx Classic then select Lite from the choices.

FYI: The ML1000 10 point and RSLinx Lite software do not require a support contract i.e. any name will allow the download BUT other programs will require your name to be on a support contract...in other words this path will not allow downloads of any program.

BTW: Steve and Jesper, this was not directed at y'all, its a just in case kind of thing.