Step7 - Displaying T#20s type Time in WinCC Flex

RMA

I've got bunch of controllers for which the operators need to be able to enter and view the PID and Setpoint variables on the panel. Looking at SFB41, the Integral and Differential times are required in T#20s format, but this isn't offered as a format in WinCC Flex. Is there any way I can enter and display these values directly or do I have to enter and display them as INTs and store them somewhere temporarily, before converting them to Time format in the program to store in the DB.

Hello again Roy.

The tip is that the TIME format is the same as a DINT where the value is in milliseconds.
You probably dont want to display something in milliseconds (unless you are operating in that region), so you have to convert it to something meaningful.

I use the linear scaling function in the properties of the tags.
My resolution is x.x seconds, so I scale from PLC: 1-100 to HMI: 0.01-1.00. That gives me a value like PLC: "1234" and HMI: "12.34" for 1.234 seconds. And I then shift the decimal point one place to display as "1.2". I think I selected the shifting of the decimal in order to it to display with 1 decimal point.
If I scaled PLC: 1-1000 HMI: 0.001-1.000 then I could only display 1.234 seconds as "1".