Using older PLC programmers under WinXP

GeoffC

Has anyone got any ideas on how to use older PLC programmers under WinXP, specifically ProWorxNxt (v1.2) or ProWorxPlus, both of these ran fine under Win2K. But now under XP can't even install Nxt, and PWP will run but modbus RTU mode doesn't work (ascii mode still ok). Looked at upgrading to ProWorx32 but could not justify the cost, only needed for a couple of customers for their older plcs. Maybe just have to keep an old laptop with Win2K.
Any thoughts anyone?

GeoffC said:
Which version of Nxt are you using, the setup program won't even run for me

Modify its compatibility mode as Alaric has pointed out. Thats what I have to do to get ACAD 2000 to install. In the file manager, right click on the installation executable and modify the compatibility setting to the OS that you know it will install under.

Try this

Try downloading a free copy of Microsft Virtual PC. Load a NT OS onto it. You need enough memory for both OSes.

I use Nxt 2.2 on Windows XP.

There is an OS called "freedos" that is suppost to be 100% compatible with DOS 6.0. You may try this and see if it works.