Scaling using ladder logic.

bryancva

I have a couple of 4-20 mA signals coming in and I need to scale them using ladder logic. One signal will be used to show wicket gate opening, 4=0 and 20=100. The other will be used to show MegaWatt output, 4=(-)100 and 20=100. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I use RSLogix 5000 ver 15.02 to program a compactlogix processor. We recently purchased function block licensing but I can't get it to work. (Is it compatible with compactlogix?)

Thanks

If you are using ladder use this formula

Use the following equations to calculate the scaled units:
Scaled value = (input value x rate) + offset

Rate
= (scaled max. – scaled min.) / (input max. – input min.)
Offset = scaled min. – (input min. x rate)
If you are using FBD then use SCale Inst

bryancva,
You can use the formula that rPraveenkum gave you in ladder logic using the CPT command. (I think that the CPT is easier than using MUL, ADD etc.) vbmenu_register("postmenu_176834", true);