Analog I/P Scaling using RS Logix 5000

Ish_Yad

Hello,
I am a beginner in PLC Programming and FBD language. I faced problem in trying to scale a Analog Input (Temperature Sensor) instruction using FBD in RS Logix 5000 to 4-20 mA current i/p.
I want to scale 0 - 100 deg Celcius into 4 - 20 mA. I am using a 1756-IF16 Analog I/P Module.

I tried using the´SCL` instruction. I am unable view the Scaled Output. Can anyone please help me out? I have attched the program below! (Routine - Sample)

Can anyone also tell me how to Toggle bit in FBD i.e. Change the I/P status to view the O/P?

Thanks & Regrads,
YAD

I believe that A 1756-IF16 Analog I/P Module can be scaled at the card
by going to the properties of that card in the RSLogix 5000 I/O Tree.

Last edited:
first things first ...

it looks like your Samples routine isn't being executed by the processor ...

try going into your Cooling_Demand routine - and add an unconditional rung with a JSR (Jump to Subroutine) instruction there ... set it up to go to/call/scan/execute/run the Samples routine ...

then if you're having more troubles, post again with more details ...

TIP: it looks like you're using the Emulator software - as opposed to real-world hardware ... sometimes the Emulator doesn't work exactly like real hardware - especially with input and output signals - so keep an eye on that ...

Can anyone also tell me how to Toggle bit in FBD i.e. Change the I/P status to view the O/P?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that question ... this is just a GUESS ...

try Right-Clicking on IP_1 ... select "Monitor" from the pop-up menu ... that should take you into the tag listing - and you should be able to change the value of IP_1 there ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited: