M Facing Problem in Analog scaling using NI8

zahidraza1212

Hi all.m doing my FYP regarding PID control of inverted pendulum.for this first m scaling the analog input of 0-10 volts using AB SLC 5/03,NI8 Card.I chosed configuration as follows
input I:4.0
min input 0
max input 32767
output min 0
output max 1000

when i vary the voltage from 0 to 10 volts the input shows up in decimal 2 b from 400 to 8000.and the output shows up like from 4 to 55.i dont understand wht is the problem.i selected the Engineering units in configuration.and made the channel active that is channel 3.i changed the range from 0-10 volts.in frequency option i tried 0,20Hz.
as m using single input not differential.i grounded the shield and the IN2-.and applied the positive voltage to IN3+ using power supply directly
if expect good suggestions

First check the dip switches on the card to make sure the channel you are using is set for voltage.

If you configured the channels data format for engineering units then 0-10 volts will give you 0-10000 raw data value.
See PDF below for data format values for different configurations.

Post your .RSP file ( zip it first) and we will help you correct
the configuration.

Ok you mentioned using this input for a PID instruction. The PID instruction wants the process variable (PV) to be scaled to 0-16383 raw value. So in the card use "scaled for PID" as your data format. Then You can rescale that value to engineering units for humans to look at. See a revised file below.

Last edited: