Problem in Interfacing Quantum PLC with RSlogix5000 via EIP

kondababu

I'm working in Schneider PLC platform and not aware of RSlogix. In my new project I need to communicate my Quantum PLC with 1756-L55 controller with 1756-ENBT/A module over Ethernet/IP Protocol. I configured NOC78100 module as master in my PLC by adding 1756-ENBT/A EDS file. But I'm not able to establish the communication. NOC configuration is attached here

Please help me is there any configuration required to change in RSlogix side????

NOC_Cofiguration.jpg

By adding the EDS file to the NOC's configuration you should be able to consume a tag using Rockwell's Produced/Consumed tag mechanism. You would have to configure the Logix platform, through RSLogix, to produce that tag.

Alternatively, you can reverse the communications and make the Logix the scanner (will require configuration) and the NOC the adapter (the NOC has several local adapters or slaves that can be configured). At least this way you will be able to send and receive data. With the consumed tag, the NOC can only receive data.

There are other threads on here referring to this type of communication - EtherNet/IP Class 1 between Schneider and Rockwell devices.