I am facing a problem with encoder adjustment in Sew Electric Cylinder CMS71L.

Suhail

Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem with encoder adjustment in Sew Electric Cylinder CMS71L.

encoder using is Sick Hiperface

Drive is MOVIDRIVE B (MDX61B)

I have tried the procedure as follows.

-after releasing brake i applied 10V DC in V and W terminal (-ve in V, +ve in W) then hold the brake and fitted encoder.
-then i have connected to MOVIDRIVE B. and before running i connected drive to movitool for encoder adjustment.

problem 1 -But there are error showing while encoder adjustment and couldn't finish encoder adjustment.

and after many trying in hardware adjustment, once encoder adjustment finished successfully .

problem2 -But while running motor again it showed encoder error after sometime.

i hop you understand the issue and i am looking for positive response

thank you

Hello and thanks for the info. F14 sub code 30 is "unknown encoder type at X14/X15". This kind of makes sense. We also have several MDX61 drives and use the Sick Hiperface encoders. These encoders need to be programmed with a device you can get from Sick. (set motor type and ppr) You cannot set them up from the movitools software. Look on the Sick web site and you'll find the info.

Hello and thanks for the info. F14 sub code 30 is "unknown encoder type at X14/X15". This kind of makes sense. We also have several MDX61 drives and use the Sick Hiperface encoders. These encoders need to be programmed with a device you can get from Sick. (set motor type and ppr) You cannot set them up from the movitools software. Look on the Sick web site and you'll find the info.
thanks for the information .F14 sub code 30 comes when i use SRM50S-HFZ0-S22 but others are showing just F14. and what you meant by ppr?

ppr = pulses per revolution

If you feel the encoders are setup/programmed properly, I would start looking at the cables/connections.

With the SRM50 series, yes.
Hi DarryIR,

i found that Control techniques Unidrive sp can read and write the data in to sick Hiperface encoders and i tried to read data from old encoder too. but while reading data the drive shows EnP.Er error . do you know whats the issue is?

From the Unidrive manual:

ENP.Er Data error from electronic nameplate stored in selected position feedback device
Replace feedback device