RSlogix - After loading EDS/AOP, analog scaling default

hunter44102

Hi all! I have a question about RSLOGIX and Analog input/output scaling

So we have an existing controller with an IF8I and OF81 card.

My RSLOGIX did not have the profiles/eds for those newer versions, so I loaded them. However, when I connect to the controller and check the properties of the card channels, they all have default scaling of 4=4000, 20=20000 EU.

I know the cards are not configured that way. How do I read the actual scaling in the cards? Even after going online it still has the defaults

UPDATE - Looks like some engineers do things differently - instead of scaling in the properties of the Analog card channel config, they do the scaling in an SCP Block (Scaling with parameters). It just looks different than how all our other programs were done in the past.

UPDATE - Looks like some engineers do things differently - instead of scaling in the properties of the Analog card channel config, they do the scaling in an SCP Block (Scaling with parameters). It just looks different than how all our other programs were done in the past.

yeah, need to look out for that.

had a recent one where through conversion, scaling was going back and forth.

originally it was analog to purposebuilt computers, a TI 991/4.

then in the 80s it was upgraded to a PLC5, so analog scaling was 0-4095 scaled to 0-100 for a 4-20 signal through a PID instruction.

then it was upgraded again where a controllogix card was scaling the 4-20 to a 0-100 scale, then the 0-100 was scaled into the 0-4095, then the 0-4095 was scaled in the PID back to 0-100.....

šŸ™ƒ