InTouch and usernames & passwords

metaller

Hello there, there's another question for InTouch from me :)

Does anyone know how to configure some usernames and passwords in some database or something???

How to do this feature???

I need to create some, let's say four users for my app, and set them some $AccessLevel for them... How?

Many THX for any reply...

Open your application in Windowmaker. In the navigation pane on the left, go to Configure > Windowviewer > Window configuration tab (see attached bmp file)

Select the Security and Configure Users check boxes.

Now run the app in View. You should see "configure users" in the security pulldown menu.

HINT: If you've created a new app, either from scratch or are rebuilding a corrupt app, there's a file in the old app called password.bin that conatins all of the usernames and passwords. Just copy that file from the old to new app and you don't need to recreate any users.

Yesterday I just figuret it out...
This security tab is fine, but if you dont know the master pass, it's disabled until you logon...

I've tried to logon with all kind of admin accounts, but the right default one is "administrator" with pass "wonderware".

Just after then, i can logon and create diferent users...

But, also many THX for your help & time :)

This is achieveable with windows authentication. We have a system with 8 levels of access using windows authentication.

dependent on the version of InTouch you are using, security can be enabled to utilize your windows logon.

If I understand that right, you're saying that if OS security is selected for Intouch, the usernames will be the same as those used to log on to Windows and $AccessLevel will respond to those instead of custom Intouch usernames. Is that correct?

According to Wonderware help files tho OS passworsd will not work.

From help files:
Using InTouch-Based Security

Applying security to your application is optional. The default security setting for InTouch applications is "None." However, by applying security to your application, you can control specific functions that an operator is allowed to perform by linking those functions to internal tagnames. In addition, when you establish security on your application, audit trails can be created that tie the operator to all alarms/events that occur during the time he/she is logged on to the system.

Security is based on the concept of the operator "logging on" to the application, typing his/her name and password. You must configure a user name, password, and access level for each operator.

There is no association between Microsoft operating system security and InTouch security.

When you create a new application, by default, the user name is set to "Administrator" with an access level of 9999 (which allows access to all security commands). After you add a new user name to the security list and restart WindowMaker or WindowViewer, the default user name is automatically reset to "None" with an access level of "0" (which prevents access to the Configure Users command in both WindowMaker and WindowViewer). However, the Administrator account and password remain and can still be used.

After an operator logs on to the application, access to any protected function will be granted upon verification of the operator's password and access level against the value specified for the internal security tagname linked to the function.

For example, you can control access to a window, or the visibility of an object and so on, by specifying that the logged on operator's "Access Level" must be greater than 2000.

The operator can log on to the application by executing the Log on menu command under Security in the WindowViewer Special menu (if the Special menu is displayed), or you can create a custom log on window with touch-sensitive input objects that are linked to internal security tagnames.

The commands used to establish security on an application are located under Security on the Special menu in both WindowMaker and WindowViewer. The security commands are used to log on and off the application, change passwords and to configure the list of valid user names, passwords and access levels.

dependent on the version of InTouch you are using, security can be enabled to utilize your windows logon.
You still around after 20 years? I'm trying to implement this and it won't do what the documentation says. User Groups are created, script is typed out and called upon startup and the application is configured for OS security. But I still show the log on options at the top of the Viewer screen and the app acts like nothing has changed. I can verify that the app recognizes the user though, with the $Operator tag. I've read and reread the documentation but can't pinpoint what I'm missing.. .