Difference between tag and alias name.

mulderm

Hello,

What's the difference between a Tag name and an Alias name created in the Input/Output
of a rack using remote I/O in RSView Studio ME?
I think I have a problem using tag-names and alias-names.
Can they use the same name?
Or can I use or the tag or the alias get to a object?
See attached files.
Also when I refreshed the tag browser I can't see the
created aliassen, why not?

mulderm

Last edited:
An alias is simply another name for an base object. Both the alias and the base tag point to exactly the same place in memory. As far as RSView ME is concerned they both refer to the same area. An advantage when using an alias - especially with fixed I/O - the base tag pointed to by the alias can be changed in the PLC. The RSView ME project which refers to the alias does not have to be changed to refer to the new base tag.