RSLinx Server problem with XP

TMcCullough

I've tried installing rslinx lite and ver.2.43. Both seem to be successful. Microsoft keeps telling me "There is a problem with the RSLinx Communication Server and needs to close the program". I'm running XP Pro W/SP2. Any ideas?

Posting a problem and asking for a solution, then finding a solution to the problem on your own but not posting the solution hurts the forum when people search for answers to questions like yours but can't find it.

A simple reply as to how you sorted out the issue you originally posted about would be appreciated.

that is typical - oh' well I'll get ist soon
thanks

i don't use factorytalk - not enough work to justify
Soon though
- I program many other PLC's as well

probably be up to 2.58 tomorrow

thanks AB

Last edited:
You do realize that four years from now, someone will post again and say "No, RSLinx is at ver 3.xx." Then this whole thread will start over again.

:)

OG