RSLogix 5k question

I didn't think those instructions worked with the BOOL datatype
When I had to do use BOOL arrays I ended up having to write subroutines to handle shifting, clearing, copying etc. Used a loop to step through each bit.

Last edited:
words

I believe as long as you consider your array of bools as words, the cop or ffl should work. (It does on the plc5.)

i generally use a MOV function moving a 0 to the word that you wish to zero or if you want to do specific bits of a word under given conditions then use a MVM

If you are using an array of boolean data types because you have a need for indirect addressing, you will probably have to reset the hard way. If not, I would recommend using an array of some custom data types. I think that COP instructions work on these.

$

I am Sorry, but is there a reason to use a boolean Array ???

I allways use a normal DINT and use then the 32 Bits as Bits.

Kudos to Money4Nothing, that actually works.

Simply create a UDT that contains a bool array of whatever length you need. Create two tags of that UDT type. Leave one populated with zeros. When you need to clear, COP the empty one to the working one.

UDT name bool128 as an array of 128 bools. (I named the element bool128 too)
my_boolarray as type bool128.
empty_boolarray as type bool128.

COP empty_boolarray my_boolarray 1

Should do the trick.

The tagname may look a little odd...

Instead of my_boolarray[0], you get something like my_boolarray.bool128[0].

I went back and looked at an application I did using COP to populate a bool array. It was indeed an array of bools, but in a UDT. I used DINTS to fill it and the destination was a bool array, but it was a UDT bool array.

Sorry, My bad.

RSL