Protool -> Tp270 - mpi disconnect detection

adfox

Hi, i've got protool project for Tp 270 that signalises fires on the plan for the emergency fire unit. It works well but...
When the MPI plug is disconnected the system alarm shows up and hides... I need to show a screen that will tell that there's no connection to cpu.
I've got a marker in cpu that is always_on. When it is 0 it shows the screen but only when runtime is started without plug. When the plug is disconnected during normal work TP doesn't refresh the tag value ( it's set to by read cyclical ) and the screen never shows.
I've tried to pass a marker byte and detect if it has a numeric value ( because with plug disconected the byte has ##### value on the output field ) - it doesn't work too.

How can I do this ( force tp to refresh values without a plug or just detect if plug is disconnected) ?
Please help me, i'm getting tired of this problem I can't solve.

Regards
Adam

There is a FAQ on Siemens support about detecting online loss (or STOP of the online CPU).

The FAQ describes how to send the panels system time to the CPU, and then send it back to the panel. This then sets an event that is offset from the current time. If the connection is lost, or the CPU is in STOP, then the event will be triggered. This can be used to set a tag that then is used to animate a large "NO CONNECTION" for example.

Unfortunately I am not at my own PC so I cant get the exact support ID no. (I am writing this from an airport lounge, on a PC where the keyboard has AZERTY layout - my god !)
I also do not remember if the sample project was for Protool or for WinCC Flexible, but you should be qble to adapt it.
I do remember that there was a complete sample project - but you have to pay for it with "value card" points.

Grrr, i tried the clock flags and it works but i need to make a big alert screen, two flashing dots it's not enough, also the damn protool can only compile scripts 20 lines long not more, i'm getting tired of this...

It's just... the fire man can't just sit and watch two blinking dot's, when they stop blinking i want to show a separate screen that connection is broken, but my problem is detecting the moment when they stop...

I havent checked the Siemens project because it had a fee but i created a demo project of my own that should be similar to the Siemens project. Ive used a statebutton just to see that the scripts was executing properly but you should a function that the operator cannot modify...... bPlcRunning is true when plc is running and false when panel time is equal or greater than plc time with added offset.

Last edited:
Hey, that's it, but i don't know how to lunch You s7 project, Step asks to set regional windows settings to Swedish and it doesn't want to open... Can You tell me what function did You use, for getting the date and transferring it into DB?

Thanks!

Hi,
He used SFC1 READ_CLK then moved the CDT (Current Date/Time)to a Datablock.

Hope this helps

OK, now I get it.
The "two blinking dots" are from the clock bytes, not animated via that special online/offline detection function.
Glad that you got it sorted out.