Siemens Protool / TP270

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have been asked to go to a customers at short notice to do some basic mods to a TP270. Unfortunatley our RS232-MPI adaptor is at another site with another engineer.

Can I simply use a null modem cable directly from my laptop to the TP270 into the IF port? This would be my preferred alternative method.

I realise I will have to change settings etc.

Alternatively I could buy a USB host cable from a local PC shop but i think the firmware of the TP270 is very old so maybe an issue.

A null modem cable will work fine, pins 2-3, 3-2 & 5-5 should be connected on both ends of the cable to establish communication.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am trying to break in into project from 2012 because it may require some modifications. Currently I am in stage of trying to understand...
Replies
Views
I am trying to convert a Protool backup to WinCC 2008 SP2. I can start the migration wizard and the PDB file passes the consistency checks. But...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a project for which I need to convert Protool to WinCC for an upgrade. I have WinnCC Flex SP2 but its the Standard version and I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have the old ProTool software from Siemens? I was wondering if someone could open a project for me or sell me the software. From...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have the old ProTool software from Siemens? I was wondering if someone could open a project for me or sell me the software. From...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom