MPI NETWORK and PANELS

userxyz

Hi,

We have a remote panel MP270B and 3 exact mobile mixing machines. Each machine has also its own MP270 Panel. The PLC's have the adresses 2, 4 and 6. On The Remote Panel u can change the connection (change connection in wincc flexible) bij pressing F11, F12 or F13. F11 is change connection to PLC adres 2, F 12 to 4, and ...

But, the question I have,

They placed a TP170B on another machine, and they want to be able o control the mixers also. The TP170B is connected on MPI to an S7-315 CPU. The Mixers are never permanent connections, so we end all our mixing machines with repeaters so that the network remains ok. Can we connect 2 CPU's on MPI, Yes, we can, but sometimes it wel be adres 2 sometimes 4 sometimes 6, depending on what mixer is connected.

Is that a problem ? I mean, do we have to configure master slave ? Or can we connect both networks and use 'change connection' functionallity in wincc flexible to change data ?

It sounds like you are putting 2 CPU's with the same address on the network. You can't do that. The TP170b have a lower limit when it comes to "Connections"

Combo said:
But, the question I have,
[....] Can we connect 2 CPU's on MPI, Yes, we can [answering your own question], but sometimes it wel be adres 2 sometimes 4 sometimes 6, depending on what mixer is connected.
Is that a problem ? I mean, do we have to configure master slave ? Or can we connect both networks [which "both networks" ?] and use 'change connection' functionallity in wincc flexible to change data ?
You can have several CPUs in the same MPI network. MPI is very forgiving about the configuration. Like RRobbins say, just be sure not to have duplicate addresses anywhere.
I am confused as to what you are actually asking about.