OMRON C60H programming

rsr

I need to change the program of OMRON plc C60H+C40H. I uploaded the program from the plc (with SYSWIN), made some changes and want to test it before writing it on EPROM. To be able to download it to the plc, I replaced the EPROM with RAM chip. When I start the plc there is error message "program error" In the plc there is a "program" with several lines NOP. When I try to download program, the SYSWIN says it is successful, but there is no change in the memory. Cuold you help me with some ideas what could be the problem? Thanks

What you may want to try is the following:

Syswin has a Test Network utility, which allows you to confirm and validate the network to ensure that there are no errors prior to download. If you are able to confirm that the program with recent changes is error free try downloading the program. If as you stated Syswin indicates that the download was successful and you still receive a No End Statement or Program Error. I would then place the PLC in STOP/PRG mode and attempt to clear the error. I have found in the past that even if you had downloaded the program if the previous program contained an error or did not exist you must first clear the error.

In regards to Write protection. If the PLC was write protected (Dip Switch next to the Peripheral Interface Unit Port is off.) You would get the following error when downloading "Clear UM –UM is protected".

Alternatively if the program was uploaded from the C60H+C40H initially Syswin has a tendency to add "NOP" instructions after the end statement. Ideally the PLC/Syswin should ignore anything after the End Statement, however, this is not always the case and I recommend that the programmer first remove any NOP instructions prior to downloading this may also be the cause of the issue.

I have not used this unit, but if the eeprom is removed, does this socket remain empty? On other Omron PLC's, the socket remains empty if you do not want to use a eeprom.

IO_Rack said:
The program error is probably 'No End Instruction' which would be normal in no program exists.

I not sure how SysWin behaves when write protect is on but it is worth checking.

The manual for the C60H is here.
Where is this switch? I can not find anything in the manual. In the PLC I see only one DIP switch and 2 jumpers next to the EPROM. They are for seting type of memory chip - RAM, EPROM orEEPROM.

The problem is not in the program, because I can not download also the original program which I uploaded from the EPROM. When I start the PLC with RAM chip there is "Memory error" I can clean error message in program mode. I clear memory, download a program but when I try to verify it gives difference on the first line. If I switch the mode PLC gives error "No end statement or program error" If I try to upload the program that is in the memory, ther is nothing, only NOP.
Could the problem be in the RAM chip that I bought? In the manual is writen only RAM chip 6264. Does anybody have specification of this chip. In the shop were asking for some letters.

This PLC is a long way back and I have not seen one for years. Most Omron PLCs have RAM anyway. If an EPROM is placed in the PLC usually a DIP switch has to be turned on to use the EPROM. The program is then transferred from the EPROM to RAM at power up. Try taking out the RAM chip you put in and check the DIP switch settings to disable loading from the EPROM. The onboard RAM should then be OK.