DH+ to DH 485

plc-friend

We have a PLC 5/30 that we want to cummunicate with a PanelView 550 (DH485 Part number 2711-K5A2 FRN 4.41)
We are using a DH+/DH485 communication adapter (Part number: 1785-KA5P/B) to connect the plc 1A DH+ port to the DH485 port in the panel.
When we connect the PC to the DH+ port in the PLC we see both the panel and plc,we can upload and download to any of them but the panel doesn´t communicate with de plc.

A bad thing is that when communication is configured in Panelbuilder there is not a plc 5 option.

is it possible to make this communicatión?

What version of panelbuilder are you running.

Version 3.82 of Panelbuilder has the option of PLC 5, SLC 5/04, Controllogix, and softlogix

We're using 03.81 version, but when you select PV550 DH485 the options for the node type are only for SLC, micrologix, control logix ,etc, but not PLC 5.

We tried selecting slc 5/00 but nothing happens.

controlled said:
What version of panelbuilder are you running.

Version 3.82 of Panelbuilder has the option of PLC 5, SLC 5/04, Controllogix, and softlogix

I have PB32 v3.82 and could not see PLC5 as an option for controller type using DH485

Ian

I dont know if you can do it with a plc5 going to the dh485 panelview you have.

If you have a DH+ or RIO panelview then you can select the PLC5 in pb32 drop down comms box, but your right the plc5 isnt there in the dh485 comms menu.