Rockwell Knowledgebase Problem

Greg Dake

Greetings everyone. Aparently you now need to register with your tech connect contract authorization number to use the AB knowledgebase. So I got out my current and up to date wallet card with the authorization number for our tech connect contract and entererd it into the registration for the knowledge base. It says invalid tech connect number, or something to that effect. Anyone else having issues with this?

TIA,

Greg

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have a current support contract, as stated in my original post. I called them and the kicker is that it doesn't work for everyones support contract number. If you are a recent contract renewal yours may take longer. Until then type "PUBLIC" in the support contract number field. *They now state this on the page, they didn't earlier this morning. I sure liked the old knowledge base. I lived in it. Hope they didn't screw it up.

Greg

I tried it all and everytime I search for something, the same useless information comes up. I had to re-register and also use PUBLIC in the field. I am very disappointed with the way AB is going with this. If it wasn't hard enough to find information on their website before, it seems so much harder now. I even asked a question in the forums ( http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/UBB/NonCGI/Forum5/HTML/000057.html )
but like most other things from AB (or Rockwell Automation), there is no answer. If you want to look for my questions on the Powerflex4 drive problems I posted there, but like many times in the past, AB blames the end user when I know there is definately a component problem in the drives before Oct 2005. I guess I will post all I know in that thread soon.

brucechase said:
I tried it all and everytime I search for something, the same useless information comes up. I had to re-register and also use PUBLIC in the field. I am very disappointed with the way AB is going with this. If it wasn't hard enough to find information on their website before, it seems so much harder now. I even asked a question in the forums ( http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/UBB/NonCGI/Forum5/HTML/000057.html )
but like most other things from AB (or Rockwell Automation), there is no answer. If you want to look for my questions on the Powerflex4 drive problems I posted there, but like many times in the past, AB blames the end user when I know there is definately a component problem in the drives before Oct 2005. I guess I will post all I know in that thread soon.

How did you get to there forums? I didn't know they still had forums.

When you click on the link, it takes you there. I don't remeber how I found them, but there is no longer any discussion on plc stuff (This place is way better anyway). Most of the topics are motion/drive related, but there are some general discussion threads. I rarely go there, but when I started having drive problems, I found it then. Still, no help from RA though. If you look at most of the threads, there are many without any answers, either from users or RA.

Hmmm, strange.

I haven't noticed any change at all. Literature Library works the same for me today as it did for the last month at least. Maybe we are accessing it differently?

I go to www.ab.com.
I click on Publication Library on the left side of the screen.
That opens up a list below it and I click Literature Library.
That's it. No new registration.

Now when I click on Literature Library, the line in the upper right corner changes from "login" to "welcome ...". So it knows who I am at that point. Apparently I have my cookies enabled for that site.

mellis said:
Hmmm, strange.

I haven't noticed any change at all. Literature Library works the same for me today as it did for the last month at least. Maybe we are accessing it differently?

I go to www.ab.com.
I click on Publication Library on the left side of the screen.
That opens up a list below it and I click Literature Library.
That's it. No new registration.

Now when I click on Literature Library, the line in the upper right corner changes from "login" to "welcome ...". So it knows who I am at that point. Apparently I have my cookies enabled for that site.

Literature Library is the same, its the Knowledgebase that has changed.