S7400 H central Rack

danesh

Dear All,

Please look at this configuration(attached) and let me know your idea about it.
Is it corect?

Regards.
Danesh

No, it is not correct! In the H systems there is a fiber module that goes into the CPU and connects with an 11 megabit fiber link from CPU to CPU. It allows you to seperate them, with limits, if you want. The cables from the profibus ports will run to a profibus drop that will have 2 power supplies and 2 IM153-2s and your I/O would be connected to an ACTIVE back plane. The small bus jumpers that come with the modules are not used. The active backplane allows for hot-swapping of the modules.

Very Thanks,

Could you please give me correct schematic and if possible informative documents?

Regards.

Danesh

also u need 2 cp other wise you loose communication when u are connected to the secondary system.u need synchronization submodules to be inserted in the cpu to plug the fo cables as rrobin mentioned

u need on your pc to have a software called red-connect

Last edited:
Hello Danesh;

Can this help?

S7_400H_rack.jpg

The manual this illustration is extracted from is called "Automation System S7-400H Fault Tolerant System" (S7-400H_e.pdf); you can download it from Siemens' support webpage:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&changelang=true&aktprim=0&siteid=cseus&lang=en

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Red-conect?
could you please describe .

Thanks

Amr Hassan said:
also u need 2 cp other wise you loose communication when u are connected to the secondary system.u need synchronization submodules to be inserted in the cpu to plug the fo cables as rrobin mentioned

u need on your pc to have a software called red-connect

Hello Danesh;

Redconnect ("redundant connections") is a software that allows communications between a redundant S7-400H and a PC (programming or SCADA); it applies to hardnet communication cards.
The manual I suggested earlier has descriptions and applicatioon examples.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello dchartier,

Thanks a lot, yes i find it.

dchartier said:
Hello Danesh;

Redconnect ("redundant connections") is a software that allows communications between a redundant S7-400H and a PC (programming or SCADA); it applies to hardnet communication cards.
The manual I suggested earlier has descriptions and applicatioon examples.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier